Automated workflow log

Hello,

Is there a way to see a when an automated workflow is triggered in smartsheet? Specifically around the time sent and who the recipients were. When I check the activity log, I can only see when a automated workflow has changed.

There has been a few cases where an automated workflow doesn't send out to the particular recipient, and I need to know when that happens

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Mikecol

The only workflow that has a log like this is the Update Request workflow. On the right hand toolbar there is an envelope icon that will show you the Update Request log.

If your workflows are a different kind, you will need to check how it's built to see if it had sent or not.

Is it consistently just one recipient that does not receive emails? (Do other users that are a part of the same workflow receive the emails?) If so, it might be their spam filter settings. Check to see if they get the notification within Smartsheet - if they do, this is a good indicator that it's an email setting and not a workflow error.

If they aren't receiving notifications within Smartsheet either, is this one recipient a part of a separate workflow path? If so, it would be great to see a screen capture of your workflow so we can help you figure out what the criteria is and why this may not be sending (make sure to block out any sensitive data).

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Mikecol
    Mikecol ✭✭

Hi @Genevieve P

Thanks for the follow-up. It's usually one email that is the culprit, but unfortunately I don't manage that account and it's tied into Zendesk eventually. Thank you though for spending the time to assist. It helps me understand directly that it's currently not a part of SmartSheets at the moment. I'll submit a product enhancement request to see if more automation logs can be displayed

• Genevieve P.

Glad I could help to at least point you in the right direction!

If that user is still having problems, they may want to contact Support.

• Werner Gerstacker
    Werner Gerstacker ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Genevieve P, is there a way for other users to find and support @Mikecol's product enhancement request?

Or is the only option that's currently available to up-vote his comment here?

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Werner Gerstacker

Great question! The best way to support this enhancement request would actually be to fill out the Product Enhancement Request form from the panel on the right, since the submissions from this form is reviewed by our Product team.

You can also track the updates that are being made on our Release Notes page, here: https://www.smartsheet.com/content-center/product-news/product-releases

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve