DataMesh - Duplicates In Source Sheet

Mike Rini
Mike Rini ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I have a DataMesh sequence that I run that where the source sheet can have 1 to N number of entries, and it's valid. As I understand it, DataMesh only allows me to select two options - Pick First Match and Ignore Entries. In either of those scenarios, I'm not going to get all of my entries. Is there another way around this with DataMesh??

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi Mike,

These options refer to where the lookup column has duplicate entries in the source sheet, to try and eliminate duplicates.

If your lookup column has duplicate entries that you want to be mapped, you may want to insert a column that is used for ID purposes on both sheets (perhaps the System Generated Number column?) and use this as your lookup column instead. This would allow Data Mesh to recognize what rows should be mapped together.

As an Admin, I'm able to see that the plan your email address is associated with includes Pro Desk support; as a licensed member on this plan you are eligible to book Pro Desk sessions, which are 30-minute coaching sessions over screen share. There is a category specific to Premium Apps under "Connectors & Extended Functionality" that you may find useful (see here).

Hope this helps!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Thanks Genevieve. After doing some analysis, I think it's just better to revise our process. We're going to eliminate the possibility of this happening again in the future by removing the form/datamesh process altogether.

Thanks again for the insight - it was very helpful

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

No problem! 🙂