Resource Views not Showing assigned tasks

I have a Smartsheet with resource management enabled, users that the sys admin set up for three teams, and a resource view by "user" that filters for just those three teams. Yet still the assignments do not show up in resource view! I cannot figure this out.

Here is the view on the sheet to show those tasks as assigned:

Clearly - this is falling withing Q3 2021 - Q2 of 2022. Here is the resource view for that time frame:

Both time frames match, the team shows up which means SmartSheet thinks that team has an assignment during that time period, yet no tasks show up!

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Trisha Martinez

Best Answer

Answers

• Hi Stefan,

Resource Management is enabled. Assigned Resource column states "Assigned To." Allocation % column states "--None--"

Assigned To column is a Contact List.

The assignment was to Team Alpha which did not have an email address, and I just discovered a Team Alpha with an email address. After our sys admin added them originally, they did not have email addresses. Something must have assigned them some. I changed it to the one with an email, and a round circle avatar showed up in the "Assigned To" column.

Now I can see the resource views! Thanks a ton! That's very helpful!

One more super quick question -- can I save the dates chosen into a "View" for resources? This is a five year project that doesn't start for another year, and typing in the dates all the time is a bit of a drag. It works, though!

Trisha

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Trisha,

glad I could help.

I am not sure what you mean with "dates chosen into a "View" but maybe it helps you to export the resource view as an excel file. There is a little export icon up right next to the date range.

If you want to set a fixed date range for a specific resource view, then sorry, not possible today.

Greetings

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Do all Assigned resources need to have e-mail addresses? Should you not see those with right away, and then others / placeholders without e-mail addresses later?

• I am having this same problem, but missing email is not the problem. My problem seems to be with the sheet. The project schedule does not show details in RM. The resources assigned in the sheet do not show up in the RM pane nor in the RM module. These same resources show work from other sheets as expected.

Sheet Settings: Resource Management is enabled using RM by Smartsheet with Assigned To and % Allocation set. The Assigned To column is a contact column.

RM Setup: The managed resource has an email address assigned.

I have disconnected/reconnected the project to RM, disabled/reenabled RM, and have even deleted the Assigned To column and created a new one with the same name.

Of course I can provision another project plan and copy all the rows over, but I would much rather know why it's broken. I'm weird like that. I just gotta know.

• I found the problem! There was a column formula in the % Allocation column that was throwing an error, but that error was displaying nothing because it was using the IFERROR command. Once I fixed the formula, all resources are showing up as expected on the RM pane and the RM module.