How do I create a summary page or report from a Financial Donor List?

Hello, I have a sheet that tracks donations as they are received; name, email, and amount of the donation. Some are one time donors, others are repeat donors, and I would like to create a summary page that lists each individual donor and the total amount they have donated. Also, is there a way for a new donor to automatically be added to the summary page as they come in to start tracking their donations. If I could somehow filter the list by showing how much they donated within a specific time period, that would be extremely helpful as well.

Any help or advice is appreciated.

Thanks!

Answers

• Stefan
    Stefan ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I think you will still need to do some manual work because of the random addition of new donors and the need for a summary sheet.

In the summary sheet would have multiple columns with cross sheet formulas for every person to do the counting based on name and timeframe.

New names need to be entered once. There is a premium add-on called "Control Center" that would help with dynamic addition of names but I guess for a non profit that's too expensive.

A problem you may run into is the matching/not matching of names typed slightly different for the same person. If you don't have a way to get defined names to be added to your donation sheet you will need to check manually.

Hope this helps

Stefan

Smartsheet Consulting, Solution Building, Training and Support.

Projects for Processes and for People.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @eshin35

To add to Stefan’s excellent answer.

I think we could automate it completely.

We'd use a formula in the main sheet to check for duplicates and if it's not a duplicate we'd copy the row to the Summary Sheet. We'd then use cross-sheet formulas to calculate the amounts.

Make sense?

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• eshin35
    eshin35 ✭✭

Thanks for your responses.

Andree, Could you elaborate on the formula on the main sheet that would check for duplicates?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@eshin35

Happy to help!

Try something like this in a Checkbox or Flag type column.

=IF(COUNTIF(ColumnName:ColumnName, ColumnName@row) > 1, 1)

Did that work?

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!