Automation Email

I have created an automation to request a form update. Not all the users are receiving the email. I can push the update manually to the user who then receives the request update. The Row Action Indicator says the email went out and status is Pending. I am stumped on why some users get the email and some do not.

Anyone have any thoughts or have seen this before?

Thank you

Answers

• Hello Paul,

Thanks for answering. I suppose it could be. When checking with the users they indicate they never received the automated email, but... I do not know if they checked their spam. I will double check with them>

• alcapps
    alcapps ✭✭✭✭

I'm having the same issue. Today a user reported today that she has stopped receiving these emails from an existing automation.

I have an update request set to send to three different users. My automations are set to unrestricted (though all three users are also shared to the workspace). I have the icon in Smartsheet showing that two of the users were sent an email but not the third. I've double checked her email and it is correct.

This seems to be happening more often lately. It's sporadic and occurring with different workspaces, sheets and users. I wasn't able to check to see if Smartsheet sent the notification since most of those were alerts and not update requests and i just assumed the users were missing the emails. Now I don't think this is the case.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Scott Verduin & @alcapps

If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• David Shupe
    David Shupe ✭✭
    edited 06/23/20

Hi @Scott Verduin & @alcapps.

I have been having the same exact issue with one user, and cannot determine the cause, nor have I been able to discern if the notifications setting is prevent the emails for arriving.

When I manually trigger a row update request the email does arrive, and email alert on Sharing a worksheet also arrives, but not so with the Automated Form Update or Notification, the emails do not make it to the inbox.

Given the "Pending" status in the Update Request window, I would assume it is not due to a notification setting, as the status would logically display something like "disabled" or the like, rather than a useless and uninformative word like "pending"...IMHO.

We have confirmed that the emails are not in spam or quarantine

Also note that the automated emails work for all other users.

I have submitted a help desk ticket.

If you learn of the solution, I would love to hear about it.

David

• I too am having the same issue. I've had to rebuild the automation a couple times so the emails go through.

C

• We did figure out why everyone was getting notifications except one person. The one person had clicked on the below at one time:

Your notifications include changes made by you. Exclude your changes from all notifications

To reactivate them we went into Personal Setting - Notifications - and checked the box next to "Include my changes in sheet notifications"

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!