Using Smartsheets for Scheduling

Good afternoon all,

First thank you for hopefully answering my simple question.

So basically we use Smartsheets at a basic function level in our organization. We have technicians in the field, and they get their tickets via Smartsheets. We currently give them the option to view their schedule up to 5 days in the future. However, the current method is painstakingly annoying.

We basically set individual reports to show "date is equal to 6/26", "date is equal to 6/27", etc..

We should NOT have to update this every day as days move on, lol.

I was able to figure out a function to work for a FILTER, but I can't for the life of me get it to work in a Report. Basically in a filter, you can have a "positive" and a "negative", but in a Report, you can't. So in a Filter, I can set it to "Is NOT today" AND "Is in the next 1 day, "Is NOT today" , "Is NOT in the next 1 day", "Is in the next 2 days", etc..

How can I get this to work in Report Builder so we don't have to remember to do this daily?

I tried searching on here a bit, and tried adding a TODAY() column and to make today the "negative", but that didn't work at all even for "Is in the next 1 day". The only date column we have to work with is "Svc. Date"...

Again, thank you in advance!

Answers

• SoS | Dan Palenchar
    SoS | Dan Palenchar ✭✭✭✭✭✭

If you want a report that shows data for the current day open the report builder and in the "When?" section select the date field in question to today. If you do not have a date field you will need to add one to your sheet.

👨🏼💻 Dan Palenchar | School of Sheets Solutions Consulting | Smartsheet Aligned Gold Partner

If this helped, help me & the SSC by accepting and reacting w/ 💡insightful, ⬆️ Vote Up, and/or ❤️Awesome!

PS - If you have a follow up response tag me @SoS | Dan Palenchar so I get notified of your reply!

• Thank you for your comment. However, we are looking for a way to show each individual day, rather than the days leading up to the date. As some technicians can have 15-20 tickets in a day and it comes out a mess when you have 5 days of scheduling on their list.

More of like an ABSOLUTE date, rather than a date that includes all the days proceeding the specified date.

So doing the method you stated, if I were to even just do "Is 1 day from now", it includes tickets from TODAY and for "6/25".

This is easily remedied with a Filter by adding an exclusion, "Is NOT Today". But in Report Builder, you cannot have an Exclusion AND a non-exclusion, which doesn't even make sense to me at a basic functionality level. It's weird!