This user cannot accept ownership at this time...

The sheet I am trying to share is not in a workspace and the individual I am sharing to already has admin access. Im unsure what to do next since I have shared other sheets with this person with no problem.

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    edited 07/01/20

Hi Elsie,

It sounds like the other user may no longer have a paid license with Smartsheet, or has reached their max number of sheets that they are able to own, based on their plan-type. (You can read more about transferring ownership in our Help Center, here.)

User can be shared to sheets (with Admin or lower permissions) as a Free user or if they have reached their limit on sheets owned, but they will not be able to accept ownership of any new Smartsheet items.

If you don't believe this is the case, please have this other user reach out to our Support Team, providing their email as the point of contact so that our Support team can discuss account details with them.

Hope this helps!

Genevieve

• Chris Kaliveas
    Chris Kaliveas ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I'm running into the same issue. One workspace me as owner, and granted admin to a free collaborator. I'm trying to transfer to the free collaborator's account (that is in free trial period). Because I'm using a trial free account, is that the reason I'm getting the error message?

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Chris Kaliveas

Yes, you've got it. Since the other user is a free collaborator, they won't have the ability to own sheets, reports, dashboards, or workspaces. (See: User Types, Free User)

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Danielle Roach
    Danielle Roach ✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P. - Im running into the same issue, but the admin has a paid license. Any work around? Support generally just pushes me for KB articles, but Im not finding anything

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Danielle Roach

If the user has a license then I would suggest reaching out to Support on this. If you provide Support with screen captures of the error message you're seeing and the user's email address that you're trying to transfer to, they'll be able to look into this for you. I would also recommend identifying if you're on the same plan as this other user.

Thanks!

Genevieve