Control Center Customize Profile Data

Chris Mondeau
Chris Mondeau ✭✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi All,

Does anyone have a better explanation about how/what the Target and Approval column fields are used in Control Center? There's a brief overview in the SCC videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOWP_nfVnZ0&feature=youtu.be&t=2447) where they recommend using the Approval column, but I'm confused on what the purpose is for both. Thanks!

Best Answer

Answers

• Chris Mondeau
    Chris Mondeau ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ezra that makes more sense, thanks for the input!

• Hi @cmondo,

The information out there pertaining to these two fields is a bit vague but the Target Column is the column where the profile data will be stored in the provisioned project sheet. By default, this is the column just to the right of the sheet's Primary column. The Approval Column is from the Intake sheet and is used to fill in the profile data. Per the Help article on setting up an Intake Sheet:

An Approval column restricts which projects can be created in Control Center. When you use the require an approval state, only approved projects can be created. Without an Approval column, any project on the Intake Sheet can be provisioned.

I hope this helps!

Ben

• Chris Mondeau
    Chris Mondeau ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Ben G thanks for the further clarification. I'm not sure if it's me, but I would have named the Approval Column, "Source" and had that displayed first, then followed up with the Target (maybe "Destination") column instead and displayed to the right of the Approval column.

Thanks for the help all!

• Hello,

Does anyone know how to configure the Control Center to dynamically grant access to a user based on a intake Contact field submitted. Per Smartsheet this option is available as stated below but I have been unable to find how to set it up in Control Center?

"Projects can be shared with users specified in Intake Profile Data. This is configured as part of the Customize Profile Data screen."

https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2478876-scc-create-blueprint

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @SamW

You should be able to set this up under when you click the "Show Advanced" option on the Customize Profile Data tab:

Once you've toggled on the "Show Advanced" option then you can set up a contact column in the Intake Sheet to be used to give permissions:

Cheers,

Genevieve

• PeggyLang
    PeggyLang ✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P.

I am trying to figure out what the triangle shaped exclamation icon means when 'customizing profile data' in control Centre.

I'm confused.

• Genevieve P.

Hi @PeggyLang

If you hover your mouse over the icon and let it rest there, it should tell you why there's an alert!

For example:

This says "Not included in any template" and I can see that I haven't selected a template ("0 selected"). This will be the same for your second field, "Turnover WK".

Cheers,

Genevieve

• PeggyLang
    PeggyLang ✭✭✭✭✭
  • @Genevieve P. Is the permission option granting admin or edit access to that specific target cell in the project sheet? Or is this tied to the project sheet overall.

• Genevieve P.

Hi @smartsheet_agm

The Contact specified in that field will be given that sharing permission level across the whole Project, meaning all items in that Project or entire sheet(s).

This is a good option if you want the sharing permissions to be dynamic and specified in the Intake data when creating the Project, versus a set group of people that are identified at the end in the Blueprint.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• JKHALID
    JKHALID ✭✭

What is the use of the REQUIRED checkbox next to the error triangle above?

• Genevieve P.

Hey @JKHALID

This makes sure the field is required on the intake form. For example, I set "Start Date" as required. This means that I cannot create a project without filling this field:

Cheers,

Genevieve