Web Form Update Multiple Sheets

GPow
GPow
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

I need help figuring out how to have a web form update multiple sheets based upon location information.  Basically I have put together a web form that will do a site survey of hotel rooms for renovation.  We are surveying several sites at a time and instead of creating 20 different web forms that update 20 different sheets, I was wondering if there was a way to have that one web form update various sheets depending upon what hotel location is selected in the form?

I have seen other community posts mention that this is possible through third party apps like Zapier, but I am not really sure how to get that started.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi,

Yes, Zapier is one option, and other third-party tools might work as well.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s) or some screenshots? That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Andree,

So basically we are doing site surveys of hotels to see what type of renovation is required.  Do they just need new flooring and paint? Do they need a full renovation (including new beds, furniture, bathroom fixtures, kitchens)? What kind of work is needed in the lobby areas, public restrooms, employee break room, guest laundry, parking, etc....  So basically we have a list of all the items on site and what kind of conditions those items are in.  All of that information is separated into 4 sheets: room renovation, common area renovation, exterior renovation, specialized items.  Each of those sheets has a web form that our guys are using out in the field.  The web form asks the questions that then populates the sheet.  With me so far?

This is easy enough to do when there is only one site, however, my problem is taking this information and multiplying it across 10/20/100 sites.  I was hoping that we could use our 4 base web forms and have them populate several different sheets (which each correspond to different hotels).  

I have shared the exterior site survey with you to review.

Thanks!

• baddams
    baddams ✭✭✭✭

You could use the one sheet to house the data and create 20 reports for the data to be viewed per your parameters. 

We have had great success using Azuqua as a connector with other programs and to move data between sheets. I highly recommend if you go with that method.

Back in October SS mentioned that they would be adding a feature to automatically move rows but it doesn't exist yet.

• If I did use one sheet to house all the data, would Azuqua be able to move entries to a certain sheet based upon entry information?  For example if I have 5 hotels in Arizona that I am surveying and I want all the entries for hotel #1 to go to one sheet and the entries for hotel #2 to go to another - would it be able to sort that information automatically?

Thanks!

• baddams
    baddams ✭✭✭✭

Yes it has very good conditional logic capabilities. 

• Adriane Price
    Adriane Price ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Curious if this was resolved?

I am looking to do the same. I need one form for at least 10 different regions currently. In the future it may be global which could then be in the hundreds. So I have attempted to create one sheet that has my vlookuo, a second sheet that is the one I will use for the one form (mastersheet). I would like the information from the mastersheet to be automatically over to the designated regional sheet .

The master sheet is only going to be used as a point of submission (single form company wide) for the other sheets.

However, I am stuck at the mastersheet. Where all of the information is entered how do i get the data that is entered from the form automatically rolled over to the other sheets for each region?

Adriane

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Adriane Price

Not sure I follow completely.

It sounds like you should either use VLOOKUP or and INDEX/MATCH combination or the copy row automation.

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.