Update Immediately Frequency Greyed Out for Data mesh Query

Michael Gerdes
Michael Gerdes ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi Team, i have created a data mesh query where source is a report, and target is a table, we isolate on a unique value, and update one field. this worked fine in one project.. I have since now taken this solution and rolling it out globally across all countries and I am copying the same exact tables and now recreating the datameshes.. but for some reason... it wont let me RECREATE the same exact data mesh with a frequency of Update Immediately, where it allowed me in the other project... any idesa? Thanks team..

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Michael Gerdes

The Update Immediately execution frequency in Data Mesh isn't supported when using a report as your source. (See Step 4 in our Help Center Article on Data Mesh, here).

Is it possible that for your first project the source was a sheet instead of a report?

Your account is eligible to book Pro Desk sessions, so if you wanted to go through this with someone on a call, you can set up a screen share session under the category "Extended Functionality" (See here).

Hope this helps!

Genevieve

• Michael Gerdes
    Michael Gerdes ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

thats odd.. because I have a running Data mesh right now that does support the immediate function, and the source is a report.

• I will have to go back and check to see if it was first a sheet, but I was focused on that area thinking that may be the issue, but it was pointing to a name of a Report which I dont have as a sheet.. and since this is a copy paste project from the one prior, I did not change anything, only wanting to recreate the Data meshes as I did in the prior project with all the Exact names and tables and reports.

• @Genevieve P , Thanks for your answer, you are correct... We just happened to find an inconsistancy which allowed me to create the scenario which I was describing. Smartsheets is getting that fixed.. Appreciate your answers. Thanks so much.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

No problem! Glad that you were able to figure out what was going on.