Contact List

Hi

Another newbie question!

I have updated the details for a contact in Accounts / My Smartsheet Contacts, eg I change the details for 'Nigel' to 'Nigel M' . Likewise, I also deleted a Contact.

However, when I go back to my Project, the Assigned To column still shows 'Nigel' and if I go into the Contact List in the Assigned To column, if does not show me 'Nigel M' and indeed it still shows the deleted Contact

How can I get the Assigned To column to correctly display the details for contacts in My Smartsheet Contacts?

Many thanks.

Nigel

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Try removing the old contact and entering the new contact.

• Sorry - no - I already removed a Contact from my Contact List but this name is still displayed in the Contact List shown in the Assigned To column and this contact has no Tasks assigned to them.

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/02/20

Hi @Nigel Michell

Hope you are fine, please try the following and i hope it will solve your problem:

1- open user management in your account ( https://admin.smartsheet.com/manage/users )

2- change the name for the user for example ( Nigel To Nigel M )

3- go to your Contact List in the Assigned To column and edit the property of this column and delete Nigel from the list of contact and save and close.

4- go to your Contact List in the Assigned To column and edit the property of this column and add new contact Nigel M.

5- filter the tasks assigned to Nigel and delete the contact name Nigel.

6- assign new contact for filtered tasks and add Nigel M

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Nigel Michell

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"