Add

I have 3 Sheets: #1 = Closeouts, #2 = Annual Incentives; #3 - Incentive Distribution

When a closeout is completed, data is entered on Sheet#3 - Inc. Dist. I have a Data Mesh to pull the data from the # 3 to populate Info on #2 Ann Inc. I am trying to get a formula or function that will do the following: When an entry is added to #1 Closeouts, add just 2 pieces of info to #2 Ann Inc

This diagram is Sheet #2 - It only contains data created at this point. Moving forward I need Job No and Project to populate when the same data is added to sheet #1 Closeouts

SHEET #2

SHEET #1

The formula to add this will eliminate having to do a manual entry on Sheet #2 when an entry is made on Sheet #1. Then it all works!

Hope this makes sense! I've confused myself!

Tags:

Best Answer

Answers

• Brian Campbell
    Brian Campbell ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, I have an odd workaround but might do what you are asking, create an additional column on both sheets that will combine the "Job No" with the word "Complete" on Sheet 1 (Closeouts) have this equal Job No + Status field. When the status field or whatever you use to indicate complete this will change this field to 19337Complete. Have this same field be listed on sheet 2 as Job No + "Complete". Just have these fields hidden, but have them be the basis for the data mesh instead of just the Job No. This way the datamesh will only occur when a closeout is marked complete. Let me know if you have any questions or need clarification.

Thank you

Michael

Michael

• Debbie Petersen
    Debbie Petersen ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

BINGO! THANK YoU!!

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!