Connecting Tableau Desktop Mac

Options
Carlos Yanes
Carlos Yanes ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hi all,

I'm trying to connect Tableau Desktop for Mac to Smartsheet, however it seems to get stuck after entering my credentials. The problem doesn't occur on a PC and am able to connect without any issues. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,

Carlos

Best Answer

• Ben Goldblatt
    Ben Goldblatt Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Carlos Yanes,

The OBDC driver that connects the two applications was built by Microsoft and I have heard reports of this not working on Macs but it may be a compatibility issue with the version of Tableau Desktop you're running. Click here to view another Community thread for more information on this topic.

The Smartsheet Help article on the Tableau integration (https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2478366-smartsheet-integration-tableau) does state that the integration should work with any supported Mac or Windows operating system. The Mac system requirements are:

• iMac/MacBook computers 2009 or newer
    • macOS High Sierra 10.13, macOS Mojave 10.14 and macOS Catalina 10.15
    • 1.5 GB minimum free disk space

I can see that you've created a Support ticket for this and they will be your best resource for troubleshooting the issue further. If you're on a plan that's eligible for live phone support, feel free to give them a call to check on the case status. For licensed users on plans that include live phone support, the Support contact number is listed at the bottom of the Account Administration window which is accessible by clicking the Account Profile Icon (in the top right corner of Smartsheet) and selecting Plan Info.

Thanks,

Ben

Answers

• Ben Goldblatt
    Ben Goldblatt Employee
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi @Carlos Yanes,

The OBDC driver that connects the two applications was built by Microsoft and I have heard reports of this not working on Macs but it may be a compatibility issue with the version of Tableau Desktop you're running. Click here to view another Community thread for more information on this topic.

The Smartsheet Help article on the Tableau integration (https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2478366-smartsheet-integration-tableau) does state that the integration should work with any supported Mac or Windows operating system. The Mac system requirements are:

• iMac/MacBook computers 2009 or newer
    • macOS High Sierra 10.13, macOS Mojave 10.14 and macOS Catalina 10.15
    • 1.5 GB minimum free disk space

I can see that you've created a Support ticket for this and they will be your best resource for troubleshooting the issue further. If you're on a plan that's eligible for live phone support, feel free to give them a call to check on the case status. For licensed users on plans that include live phone support, the Support contact number is listed at the bottom of the Account Administration window which is accessible by clicking the Account Profile Icon (in the top right corner of Smartsheet) and selecting Plan Info.

Thanks,

Ben

• Carlos Yanes
    Carlos Yanes ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Still no solution and am being bounced around between Tableau and Smartsheet. So far it's been a delayed and bad experience for us customers.