Stacked Bar Chart

Koby, Laura
Koby, Laura ✭✭
edited 06/04/20 in Formulas and Functions

I am attempting to create a bar chart widget that summaries hours by department on a given project, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it to display the information I need it to.

I have the data set up in a sheet as follows:

I would like the graph to show each department's hours as a portion/percentage of the total hours.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd appreciate the help.

Answers

• Is this what you wanted ?

It's really down to which rows and columns you select for the data and then choosing the Stacked type

Viv?

• Hi, I have the same exact use case. @Vivienne Strettle , would you be able to share how you have this data on your spreadsheet? I have 3 columns on mine, all text/number columns. First 2 have the groupings and the 3rd has the metric, which is referencing other sheets. Not sure what I'm doing wrong as I'm not able to get to this view you've shared.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

You would need to restructure your data a bit.

One data point would be the column headers.

The next data point would be the first column.

Then you would have the rest of the grid filled in with the actual metrics.

Project...............Team A...............Team B...............Team C

Project A................10......................15.........................20

Project B................5.........................15........................10

• Vivienne, can you please explain the steps to achieve the Chart you have shown above? I am also trying to create a similar stacked bar chart and am having issues.

thanks.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!