Enable a Jira-Smartsheet-connected workflow for multiple users

A. J.
A. J.
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

I've set up a Smartsheet-Jira-Integration which is working, however, my colleagues who are set up as admins for both the Smartsheet and the Jira workspace are unable to run the workflow. Is this functionality restricted to the person who's the workflow owner only?

Thank you for your help.

Answers

• Hi A.J.,

I'm not seeing this information documented in the Learning Center, and I've submitted a request to have this information added into the Help article titled Smartsheet for Jira: Creating and Editing Synchronization Workflows, but only the workflow owner can re-enable a workflow. Jira Connector Admins and System Admins can see and disable all workflows, but they can't re-enable or edit them.

I hope this helps!

Ben

• Hi Ben,

Thanks for your reply. When you say "re-enable or edit a workflow" does that entail the option to basically run the integration between Smartsheet and Jira? In my example I have set up a connection between Jira and Smartsheet with a checkbox for every row of the Smartsheet and when you click the checkbox and "run" the workflow it's creating a user story in Jira based on the information in that Smartsheet row. Enabling my colleagues to "run" this workflow as well is what I'm trying to achieve.

Thanks!