How can you share a report without giving access to the sheet?

I have created a time tracking report for all employees utilizing a weekly form each completes. As I don't want employees viewing other's time, I created a report for each employee so they could see their own time collectively and make changes if needed, however it only works for the members of management that have access to the sheet. I've seen other discussions similar but they are older and was hoping a new setting or work around is available. Publishing didn't work either, just as an fyi... It would be very helpful if this could be addressed as not everyone needs to see various sheets but can benefit from items included in a report.

Tags:

Best Answers

• Shannon Franks
    Answer ✓

Thanks! This is definitely a great work around for this use as we too are less than 20 employees and the template idea will make it easier to add new employees. I appreciate your input!!

Answers

• Shannon Franks
    Answer ✓

Thanks! This is definitely a great work around for this use as we too are less than 20 employees and the template idea will make it easier to add new employees. I appreciate your input!!

• Hi Shannon,

What sdonnelly recommended is a great workaround for a smaller scale. I want to let you know that our product team is definitely aware of this request and you are not alone in wanting this functionality!

If your scale ever needs to greatly increase, I recommend looking into our Dynamic View product(https://www.smartsheet.com/marketplace/premium-apps/dynamic-view) and evaluating if that will fit your use case.

Thank you so much for using Smartsheet and contributing to our Community!

-Madyson, Product Manager-Reports

• dadkins
    dadkins ✭✭
    edited 12/09/23

Any progress on this functionality being expanded? The only possible work around I've found is the published option but it's locked in the Enterprise account which isn't viable for our moderately-sized business with lots of manual labor/service part-timers.