Reports using HOURS past Creation Date/Time Criteria

Hello friends, I need to be able to create a REPORT where the only rows that appear are those that are equal to or greater than 3 hours past the Creation Date/Time. Is this possible? 

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Mike Meyer

Smartsheet does not currently have a time function to recognize what the current time is (like how it has the TODAY function to recognize what the current day is). This means that currently Reports can only look at date criteria as per-day, not as individual hours. Please submit an Enhancement Request for this!

@Paul Newcome has a number of Time solutions in his post (here), but I don't believe there is one for your specific scenario, since you need it to be relative to the current time.

Thanks,

Genevieve

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Genevieve P Thanks for the tag.

@Mike Meyer Genevieve is correct that my thread doesn't have anything quite what you are looking for. I can think of a few different ways that we MIGHT be able to make something work, but it is definitely going to require a fair amount of testing.

How many rows do you anticipate needing to evaluate in total?

Do you have access to Zapier or some 3rd party app that is able to insert a new row or update a cell on a recurring basis or do we need to keep this native to SS?

How frequently is any row on the sheet updated? Even if it is different rows each time, do you expect some kind of update to the sheet every few minutes, hourly, daily, monthly, etc?

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!