Mass file transfer from One Drive folders to Smartsheet Attachments

Options
Julia C Peterson
Julia C Peterson ✭✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

Hello,

I'm wondering if this is possible through the One Drive connector, any automation tool, or API.

I have roughly ~1,000 folders in OneDrive, and the folders are named by client ID. Each client has 1 row in a smartsheet tracker, and the primary column is the client ID. The goal is to have all of the attachments in each folder be attached to the corresponding client's row through mapping folder ID to the primary column (or first mapping the primary column value to the row ID, and then mapping folder name to row ID)

Any ideas? Ideally I want the attachments themselves to be added to smartsheet, not just a link to one drive.

Thanks,

Julia

Best Answers

• Etienne Mermillod
    Etienne Mermillod ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Julia,

It's technically possible to loop over all files inside of SharePoint and upload them to Smartsheet but will require some custom development to implement the solution.

Answers

• Julia C Peterson
    Julia C Peterson ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks Jaykel!

Our Smartsheet API does support the ability to attach a File to a Sheet, Comment, or Row so this may be possible to achieve if you are also able to leverage the One Drive API available from Microsoft.

Is that something that Smartsheet support would be able to help me with if I schedule a time using my license code?

• Sean Morgan
    Options

Hi there @Julia C Peterson ,

Although the Customer Support team can only assist when your API calls are returning errors, or behaving incorrectly, you can use your Companies access code to book a Pro Desk session, given that this plan is eligible.

If eligible, you can book your Pro Desk seccion here https://www.smartsheet.com/pro-desk, and select the "Connectors, Premium Apps, API, & Extended functionality" option.

For more on Pro Desks, and for steps to confirm if you are eligible, please see this article here: https://help.smartsheet.com/articles/2478411

Let me know if you have any questions!

Regards

Sean

• Mike Chen
    Options

Why not just share the link of the OneDrive folder? Mass load files might not be necessary.

• Julia C Peterson
    Julia C Peterson ✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mike Chen , Because the management of a Program was migrated from Sharepoint to Smartsheet and the Sharepoint site is being retired. All of the historical data from the past 5+ years was migrated to Smartsheet, and ideally we wanted to migrate the files as well so the Sharepoint site could be officially archived/retired.

• Etienne Mermillod
    Etienne Mermillod ✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

Hi Julia,

It's technically possible to loop over all files inside of SharePoint and upload them to Smartsheet but will require some custom development to implement the solution.