Is there a way to do an Org Chart in Smart Sheet?

I got this link from a colleague https://www.smartsheet.com/org-chart-templates-excel it has a bunch of excel templates and then at the bottom it says "Make Better Decisions, Faster by Creating Org Charts in Smartsheet" but then does not give any info on how to do that.

Answers

• David Tutwiler
    David Tutwiler Overachievers Alumni

I think these are templates to use in Excel.

However, I think you might be able to get creative and do it. If you set up some type of Single Select drop down for departments, you might be able to use the Card view to break people up by division.

• A few thoughts on this approach:

1. You could create a visual dashboard with text boxes.
    2. In a Sheet you could create the hiarchy using Parent and Child rows. It would be functional but not visual.
  • ATB
    ATB ✭✭✭

I've seen this work when viewing in Card View. Each row is a card and contains information of employees or positions. Then the lanes can be setup to view by Position, Division, Team, Supervisor, Location etc.

• Hi Can share the example or screenshot of this card view of organization chart? Thanks!

• Hello - I am also interested in Smartsheet's capability of managing an Org chart. Are there any examples for the card view mentioned above? Has anyone been successful implementing this type of chart in Smartsheet?

My current configuration uses data shuttle with add/update action to maintain our employees base on one sheet. Would love to know what I could build off this.

• I also would like to create an org chart in SmartSheet and could use assistance where to start. With all the templates offered, I can't find one for this.