Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Update requests and locked cells

Ian
Ian
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Currently when I send an update request the users can not edit locked columns even if they are Admin status.

Is this something Smartsheet is working on?

I have managers that I send update requests to and they can not simply click on the locked columns even though they are Admins on the source sheet which bascially makes the update request useless for Managers.

Thanks

Ian

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Users do not log into Smartsheet to complete an update request so their sharing permission on a sheet does not matter when viewing an update request. Users filling out an update request have Editor permissions so they are not able to edit locked columns. If you want the user to edit locked columns, they will need to be shared to the sheet as an Admin and make the changes from within the sheet. 

You could also set up a report that contains all the rows a Manager needs to edit. They can edit locked columns from a report and the report will always show live data from sheets. Here is information on reports: help.smartsheet.com/customer/portal/articles/522214-creating-reports

This discussion has been closed.