Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Totals by month

Brett Allard
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2017 Posts

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to get totals by specific month. There are 3 columns I'm trying to pull data from, a monetary column called "Unit Price," a dropdown list column called "Produced," with options that read "1. In Production" and "2. Produced," and a date column. Basically, I want to have a cell that shows running totals for a month once I click the "Produced" column to "2. Produced." 

Comments

• I think you need another column to represent the "produced in month" value, and then count that.

So the other column would be =IF([Production]2 = "2. Produced", MONTH([Date]2), "")

Which will put the month of produced stuff in that column. I called it "Month if Produced".

Then you can make a formula like =COUNTIF([Month if Produced]1:[Month if Produced]10, 5), and that will give you the count of things for May.

• I'll try it out. Thank you. 

This discussion has been closed.