List all At Risk Items and their Dependencies

Hi all,

I have an ask from a manager who would like to see a quick view that shows not only At Risk items, but also all dependencies that would be affected if these at Risk items are not handled. I already have the formula to get the At Risk items displayed. But I am drawing a blank on how to show all these dependencies. If they were all the same workstream, I could maybe do it that way, but something in Marketing may affect something in Production and so on.

I want to create a view on our main dashboard to show this but I am coming up blank on how to get this to appear.

Answers

• David Joyeuse
    David Joyeuse ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jennifer Lewkowicz

A report would be the easiest way to display all At Risk Items that would also be viewable on a Dashboard.

Regarding dependancies and what you want to do, it may vary regarding if those dependancies are children of the row, or if that's dependancies in the Gantt view.

Could you post a few screenshot with dummy data of what you want to do here?

• Yes, we have the At Risk items in a report, but our dependencies are all over the place, so may not be child dependencies. For instance, We may have an item in a marketing workstream that is dependent on an IT workstream item.

Ideally, I'd love to display the connected dependencies from the Gantt. Screenshots could work, but I need to pair down the data as this manager doesn't want to see all the other data in the grid. It's complicated.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!