multiple admins using filter feature at same time

As with Excel, you have the function to share a workbook or sheet and each user can filter without impacting another user in the same sheet making updates to their information. Does Smartsheet not have this feature that would allow 3 admins of a shared sheet, make their changes or use their own filters to do there updates without changing the sheet someone else is working on? I'm still pretty new to smartsheet so I keep getting emails from my colleagues asking me to remove my filter so they can see their lines they need to update.

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Stacie Davis

It will sort of work until someone saves with their filter applied, and then that filter would override the others when they reload their sheets.

I'd recommend using a report or multiple reports if needed. You can, for example, set it only to show the current user's tasks.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Andrée Starå I will do that. its the same thing I am currently doing with external vendors. reports only showing their data they need to update. However, it would really REALLY help if the chat conversations we input on a report actually links back to that specific report instead of the master sheet. If I am working on the master sheet, I have to keep the columns open and if a Vendor clicks on the sheet link in the notification of a comment I made on their report, it takes them to the master sheet where in turn they see EVERY Vendor's data. This breaches contracts we have for confidentiality when we are working with multiple vendors and some may be competing vendors.

There is the other issue of the Rows not showing the correct Row that is in their report. Master sheet row shows 350 but in their report where the comment was made, its actually row 150. Again, another reason the notification should link back to the report and not not the master sheet.

By linking back to the master sheet, I can't do any work in the mastersheet (adding/deleting lines, columns, confidential notes, pricing,etc) until late at night when I am hoping no vendor is also working on their report and gets curious about clicking on the master sheet link in the notification email from smart sheet.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 11/11/20

@Stacie Davis

A solution that probably would be perfect for this use-case is the premium add-on, Dynamic View. Is that an option?

More info: 

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Unfortunately not an option. There is another group that manages the purchasing of licenses and any other purchases for this application.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Stacie Davis

Ok.

Let Smartsheet know what you'd like to see in the future.

Please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a moment

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!