Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Auto Date updating a published report of Events List

Bob Payton
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

We have an a Smartsheet of Events - tradeshows etc that we will be participating in.  While initially developed for internal sharing, I have added a "publish" checkmark column, with those items checked being part of a Report, which I then Publish to our public website.

I would like to include a formula in the checkmark column so that once the event date is past, it would "uncheck" the event, thus deleting it from the published report, but not deleting it from our list.  Keep in mind I can not use this formula to automatically check all events in the present, as some events on our list are for internal purposes only.

Is there a formula to make this happen?

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee

You could build a formula that will uncheck the box when the event date is in the past, but there would need to be some logic that would check the box. Is there something in your row that designates if a row is for internal purposes only? 

• I was using this checkbox column for "internal purposes" and that is why I didn't want it to check based on a formula, only uncheck.  If that is not possible, I guess I could filter inclusion in the report on another manual checked column, then use this formula driven column only for deleting once the date is past??

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Bob, how about this... check the boxes of all the rows you want included, then in your report set the criteria to show all rows that have the box checked AND the event date is in the future. Now, the report will only show tasks where the event date is in the future and the box is checked. 

• Makes total sense and a heck of a lot easier.  Thanks!

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Glad I could help! Smile

This discussion has been closed.