=(IF(AND(ISDATE INCORRECT ARGURMENT - HELP

I am gettng an Incorrect Arguement with the following formula and can't figure out how to fix it.

=(IF(AND(ISDATE(Complete@row), ISDATE(TATS@row)), NETWORKDAYS(TATS@row, Complete@row) < 0, "1", NETWORKDAYS(TATS@row, Complete@row)))

Answers

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Hillary

Try removing the quotes from the number 1

• No dice :( -

=(IF(AND(ISDATE(Complete@row), ISDATE(TATS@row)), NETWORKDAYS(TATS@row, Complete@row) < 0, 1, NETWORKDAYS(TATS@row, Complete@row)))

• Sean Morgan
    Sean Morgan Employee
    edited 11/21/20

Hi there @Hillary Walker ,

One reason you will be receiving this error, is that you formula opens with a bracket. It should instead be =IF, rather than =(IF.

Furthermore, I see you are using "ISDATE". Is this a requirement of the Formula? Will there be other values, other than a date, in your Date columns?

Although I'm unsure on the use case of your Formula, I was able to make a more logically correct version of the same Formula: =IF(NETWORKDAYS(TATS@row, Complete@row) < 0, 1, NETWORKDAYS(TATS@row, Complete@row))

If I have misunderstood your issue, or if you are still facing issues with your Formula, are you able to provide a screenshot of your Sheet (Whilst hiding any sensitive information), and let me know what your Formula should do?

Regards

Sean

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!