Display Current Time in Dashboard

How we can display current time in the Dashboard

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Bassam.M Khalil

If you were unable to find a URL that displays the time and can be used in the web content widget, I would then suggest linking out to an external source with a Hyperlink, either behind text in a text widget or as an Advanced Option behind an Image widget.

Alternatively, you may want to add Time to the current browser you are using to view the Dashboard. For example, Chrome has an extension that shows today's date & time (see here). Then you could have this available when you're looking at any web page, including a Smartsheet Dashboard.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Bassam.M Khalil

There currently isn't a Smartsheet Widget that specifically will show time in a Dashboard (please submit an Enhancement Request when you have a minute!)

There may be a link you can embed using the Web Content widget, however I was unable to find something for time when looking into the different compatible sites. Another Community member may have a different suggestion, but at this point I would link out to an external source that shows the time.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Dear @Genevieve P,

hope you are fine, could you please supply some accepted url by smartsheet to add the current time because as you know not all web url can be added to dashboard.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Bassam.M Khalil

If you were unable to find a URL that displays the time and can be used in the web content widget, I would then suggest linking out to an external source with a Hyperlink, either behind text in a text widget or as an Advanced Option behind an Image widget.

Alternatively, you may want to add Time to the current browser you are using to view the Dashboard. For example, Chrome has an extension that shows today's date & time (see here). Then you could have this available when you're looking at any web page, including a Smartsheet Dashboard.

Cheers,

Genevieve

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!