Digital Signature

Jose da Silva
Jose da Silva ✭✭✭✭✭
edited 12/09/19 in Smartsheet Basics

Hi all,

I've searched for this topic, but i could not find directly what  i was looking for.

Is there on Smartsheet any functionality for digital signature that doesn't require pairing our service with another software?

All the solutions i saw were about using another software to do it, but those were from 2017. I am just wondering if there is any update on that topic.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jose,

Smartsheet doesn't have an integrated digital signature solution, but it works great with DocuSign and others. The DocuSign integration is excellent because the signed document gets attached to the referenced row in Smartsheet.

Another option depending on your specific need could be to use Approval Alerts instead.

Would that work?

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Hey Andrée

Your reply to Jose actually helped me a lot. Do you set the signing of documents for approval up in DocuSign and the it automatically updates in Smartsheet or the other way around? How does one go about to set it up? Say I need a director to sign for the approval for a task that will have financial impacts on a project. How do I set it up that the director sign a document electronically and update the relevant row in a sheet to 'approved'?

Regards,

Jana Brits

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jana,

Excellent!

Unfortunately, DocuSign can't update any information to Smartsheet (except for adding the signed document). There are a few different ways to use the integration. You can start a signing process from an attachment in DocuSign or start the process from the Smartsheet Lab section, but before that, you would have to set up templates in DocuSign.

Let me know if I can help with anything!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant @ Get Done Consulting

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Thank you very much. Will first have to get DocuSignsmiley. Do you perhaps know of any other esignature software one can use? 

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Happy to help!

It depends on what your needs are. There are other services you could connect with the help of a third-party tool like Zapier or similar.

I have found nothing as integrated with Smartsheet as DocuSign. When my clients need a signing solution or similar, it's the one I recommend. (also because I'm the one setting up the workflows) wink

Can you tell me more about the process and what you want to use it for?

Best,

Andrée

• @Andrée Starå Hello! I was looking up how to integrate esignatures into a form/ sheet and came across this thread.. Would you know if it’s possible to have a form signed by an external party before it’s submitted?

For example if I were to have a log book to mark out who’s receiving something and have it signed by the person receiving it, can I do this with the DocuSign/ smartsheet integration? And what kind of a DocuSign account do I need to have- the basic one or the whole CLM?

thanks a ton in advance!

have a great weekend

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Avantika M

At the moment, there isn't a live integration with DocuSign, but there is a new one coming.

If you use the Smartsheet form, it would have to be submitted, and then the DocuSign would need to be opened manually, so at the moment, I would recommend an Approval Workflow or start the process in DocuSign instead.

You don't need to use the whole CLM as far as I know.

Make sense?

Would that work?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• @Andrée Starå I tried to get DocuSign but it is being deprecated and not accepting new user sign-ups. Is there anything else you could recommend to add an e-signature to a smartsheet? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.!

Thanks,

Mily Oti

• I am reading this post because I am currently looking for an alternative to DocuSign. DocuSign has the worst customer service and billing practices.

I have been looking at SmartSheet but require a signature option. Do you have any other options yet?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Barbara Roth

Sorry to hear about your experience with DocuSign.

Yes, there are other options.

What do you need more specifically?

You can for example use the 3rd party integration, Zapier, to connect to many other services.

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

• Primoz
    Primoz ✭✭✭

@Andrée Starå I saw your answer to @Avantika M from end of 2020. Has Smartsheet developed an option for signing forms before they are submitted? I would like to make a visitor's log and have them sign it before submitting to get rid of paper&pen solution currently used and keep it simple without Guard having to generate a document where the visitor could sign a document using DocuSign or similar solutions.

Thanks for any kind of feedback, Primoz