Pulling data from two sheets' Sheet Summary into a YOY chart in a dashboard

I've been collecting data on total completed projects for several product lines in the Sheet Summary panels for this year's and last year's project tracker sheets. I'd like to make a two-color bar chart widget, with each year in a different color, showing the change year over year for each product line in the number of completed projects.

I've pulled the data easily into a Sheet Summary report, but I can't figure out how to pull that data into a chart on my end-of-year dashboard.

Where is my logic flawed? There must be a simple solution for this?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Deirdre Spencer

I agree with @Bassam.M Khalil , it may be easier to help with this if we could see a screen capture of your Sheet Summary Report so we can test and replicate what you're looking to do.

As long as you have Numerical Data in your Sheet Summary Report, you should be able to make it into a chart widget. For example, here is my Sheet Summary Report:

Then when I select this Report in the Chart Widget you'll see that it highlights all of my data:

From this I can then adjust the colours of the bars that represent each year, add on numbers to the chart, or change the chart-type:

You may need to click the "Switch Rows/Columns" button if you're not seeing the correct Legend right away. Is this what you're looking to do?

Cheers!

Genevieve

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Deirdre Spencer 

Hope you are fine, could you please share screenshot for your project tracker sheets ( Remove any sensitive date ) to help me to understand what you are trying to do, and i hope i can help you.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Deirdre Spencer

I agree with @Bassam.M Khalil , it may be easier to help with this if we could see a screen capture of your Sheet Summary Report so we can test and replicate what you're looking to do.

As long as you have Numerical Data in your Sheet Summary Report, you should be able to make it into a chart widget. For example, here is my Sheet Summary Report:

Then when I select this Report in the Chart Widget you'll see that it highlights all of my data:

From this I can then adjust the colours of the bars that represent each year, add on numbers to the chart, or change the chart-type:

You may need to click the "Switch Rows/Columns" button if you're not seeing the correct Legend right away. Is this what you're looking to do?

Cheers!

Genevieve

• Thank you for your responses. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but I've figured it out.