Any experience using an Excel file exported from Smartsheet for a mail merge?

I'm needing a way to send only one email to attendees who attended multiple workshops, listing each workshop they attended. Right now I can only send one email per workshop to attendees. I'm using the Excel file exported from my Smartsheet registration sheet with a Word document to be emailed through Outlook. Would anyone have any suggestions for me, either for a solution or other communities that might be able to help?

I appreciate any advice!

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 12/24/20

Hi Katie,

You should be able to structure a JOIN-COLLECT function to create a cell that lists all of the workshops for an attendee. You'd do this in a new sheet with external links to your registration sheet. You'd pull in any other information you need for your emails as well. Then export that sheet into excel and mail merge.

You could set it up to send emails from within smartsheets if you're OK with simple formatting and emails that contain smartsheet in the from address.

Happy to help more if this is a solution you want to attempt. Curious to see what other ideas surface here.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.