Welcome to the Smartsheet Forum Archives

The posts in this forum are no longer monitored for accuracy and their content may no longer be current. If there's a discussion here that interests you and you'd like to find (or create) a more current version, please Visit the Current Forums.

Status Order Tracking (similar to the Dominoes Pizza Tracker)

Greg Lopez
edited 12/09/19 in Archived 2015 Posts

Was wondering if its possible to create an online sheet for my clients to be able to get Status updates?

Ideally I would want them to go to an online sheet and put in their Invoice number and it will tell where their job is at (With Designer, Proof Sent, At the printer, Completed etc.)

Does anyone know if this is possible?

If it is does anyone know a way to be able to create cool graphic similar to Dominoes Pizza tracking where it shows the end user where thier pizza is at from start to finish.

Thank you everyone. Im also open to any other tracking options. 
I basically want to be able to tell clients that fill out any type of request their status at any given time.

greg

Comments

• Travis
    Travis Employee
    edited 08/18/15

Hi Greg! Smartsheet does not have a system where a user can type in an invoice number and be shown information about that item, unless they have access to the sheets the data is contained in.  

You could build a report that only shows data each client needs to see, then publish the report and provide them with the published link. 

What are are asking can be done using our API but would require an experienced developer. You could build a solution that will search a sheet for and invoice number and return data about that item. You could likely build a graphic display depending on what stage the task is in. 

I might be able to refer you to API developers (or find someone who can) if this is something you would like more information on. 

• Travis,

Yes please connect me with this API developer. The solution that will search a sheet would be suffice my needs. 

Greg

• Travis
    Travis Employee

Hi Greg, email sales@smartsheet.com with information about the development you are looking for and they can help you out! 

• Hi Greg, 

Not sure if you already have a working solution or not, but this scenario can be solved using Azuqua, an integration partner of Smartsheet. I work for Azuqua and this exact scenario of ticket submission with status inquiry ability is one of many scenarios that Azuqua helps enable inside of Smartsheet. 

We have built out this solution for other customers to enable this scenario inside of Smartsheet and it can be solved in a number of ways. 

If you want to learn more please visit our app listing at Smartsheet here:

https://www.smartsheet.com/apps/azuqua

Please feel free to follow up with any questions.

-Patrick

This discussion has been closed.