Workflow timing is unavailable

I am attempted to update my workflow automation "Run workflow" from "When triggered" to "Hourly", but I am getting the pop-up window below when Saving. Anyone familiar with it? Any workarounds?

Thank you!

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Rebekah,

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@getdone.se)

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå

Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Are you using placeholders in the subject or body of the customized message?

• MCorbin
    MCorbin Overachievers Alumni

I got this same message today. I was creating a workflow to move rows from 1 sheet to another on a daily basis, which I do ALL THE TIME. Today, I got this popup saying that Daily, Hourly, and Weekly aren't available for Move Row automations.

I submitted a ticket to support. I think we're running into a bug.... I have many other workflows that run daily to move rows.

• Cody Holmes
    Cody Holmes ✭✭✭✭

This is because you have placeholders somewhere in the workflow, i.e. the parts of the message that look like this: {{Some Column Name Here}}.

Delete the placeholder, and you will be good to go. Had the same issues, and it was resolved by deleting placeholders.

For an unknown reason, some of my sheets allow placeholders while others do not. 🤷‍♂️

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Cody Holmes Placeholders can't be used in Move/Copy Row Automations. The placeholder issue you are running into may be because of how the automation is set up. You can use placeholders if the automation is set to run as soon as it is triggered. If you have the automation set to run on a regular basis (meaning one automation could hold multiple rows), then placeholders are not allowed.

• I am seeing the same issue where I cannot change the frequency from when triggered to hourly. I have never seen this before and have used that feature in the past.

My workflow is quite simple. It simply sends an email on record creation. There are no placeholders in the email and no conditions. The recipient and content of the email is completely static.

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Mark Salamon

Are there any other actions in this workflow, other than an Alert?

If your workflow is as simple as below, then there should be no problem changing it to be Hourly.

I would suggest creating a new Alert workflow in case this current one had a previous history of a different action or placeholder which may be causing the issue. The Hourly rules are identified in this Help Article.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Also encountered this issue on recent automation when wanted to change an existing workflow from "when triggered" to "Daily".

After investigation found that one of the multiple condition paths was to "updated a cell" value.

This was the item preventing me from changing to "Daily, Weekly" etc, so I moved this one path to it own a separate automation and then was able to save the existing one with all its logic to run Daily.

Cheers Shannon