How do you see which reports are connected to a sheet?

Hey everyone!

I am trying to track down all of the reports that are connected to a sheet. I am planning on rebuilding the sheet but know that it is connected to a lot of reports that other people in my company use so I don't want to miss anything. Is there a way to pull a list of all reports that have this sheet as a source sheet?

Best Answer

• Ben Goldblatt
    Ben Goldblatt Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Lenise Byrd,

I can definitely see the benefit of being able to generate a list of Reports that a particular sheet is associated with and I highly recommend Submitting a Product Enhancement Request to have this functionality considered as a possibility for future development.

While there wouldn't be a way to retroactively pull this list, if this is something you're looking to have available as new Reports are created, you may be able to accomplish this by inserting some helper columns in your source sheet. If you use a checkbox column (maybe named "Used in Report") and then a separate "Report Link" column, you could create Hyperlinks for each Report and then either manually check off boxes in the checkbox column or use a formula like =IF(NOT(ISBLANK([Report Link]@row)), 1) to automatically check a box if the cell in the "Report Link" column is not blank. This formula could be set as a column-level formula to make it so you wouldn't need to copy the same formula down to every cell in the checkbox column.

Once this is set, you could then create a Report to show the "Report Link" column and any other necessary columns from your source sheet to see the list of reports all in one place.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ben

Answers

• Ben Goldblatt
    Ben Goldblatt Employee
    Answer ✓

Hi @Lenise Byrd,

I can definitely see the benefit of being able to generate a list of Reports that a particular sheet is associated with and I highly recommend Submitting a Product Enhancement Request to have this functionality considered as a possibility for future development.

While there wouldn't be a way to retroactively pull this list, if this is something you're looking to have available as new Reports are created, you may be able to accomplish this by inserting some helper columns in your source sheet. If you use a checkbox column (maybe named "Used in Report") and then a separate "Report Link" column, you could create Hyperlinks for each Report and then either manually check off boxes in the checkbox column or use a formula like =IF(NOT(ISBLANK([Report Link]@row)), 1) to automatically check a box if the cell in the "Report Link" column is not blank. This formula could be set as a column-level formula to make it so you wouldn't need to copy the same formula down to every cell in the checkbox column.

Once this is set, you could then create a Report to show the "Report Link" column and any other necessary columns from your source sheet to see the list of reports all in one place.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,

Ben

• Hey @Ben G,

Thank you for your response! I like your idea and will do that along with submitting an update request.

Thanks!

-Lenise