Document generator: how to apply to multiple rows?

I am able to map and generate a document document using document builder and attach it to 1 row. How do I attach that same document to other row in my sheet?

Thanks,

Tanya Brooks

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Tanya Brooks ,

Document generator uses data from the row to create the document attached to that row. So, it won't take data from 1 row and attach the document to another row. You can do it manually by saving the document and attaching it to multiple rows. Probably not what you want to do.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• So there is no way to copy and use the same document template for multiple row?

If I create an invoice template and map it to fields for one customer there is no way to use use that same invoice template/mapping for multiple customer rows to generate an invoice for each?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Tanya Brooks

You'll have to select the rows in the sheet before choosing the Document Builder option, and then each row you've selected will be used.

Make sense?

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Happy Holidays and Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Good morning, I misunderstood the question. As Andree states, you can use the same template for multiple rows. Highlight the rows you want to use and then select document builder, select your template and create. The document for each row will be attached to that row. You can create multiple templates and use them against any row. You can't take the document prepared with row 1 data and attach it to row 15 within document builder, as an example of how I interpreted your question initially.

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• Fabulous! Thank you both!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Tanya Brooks

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.