Sheet Template : When copying a template, my formula's don't migrate.

I'm trying to copy a template to use. I have formulas already on the template, however when i put the new numbers in, it doesn't use the formula to add/subtract them. I have to litterly go through and on every sheet I create from either a template or otherwise, I always have to figure out the formulas again. 

Is there a way for the sheets to keep the same cell formulas and just add/subtract from the different cells I have already set up?

Please help!

snapshot of formulas on template(smartsheets).PNG

Answers

• J. Craig Williams
    J. Craig Williams ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, I'm not following.

I assume when you say "Template", you mean a Smartsheet Template, not just a Sheet that is used as your starting point.

Templates do not save X-Sheet References, but it will save all other formulas and they should work when you "Use Template"

Does your terminology like "just add/subtract from the different cells" just refer to the function you are using in the your formulas (COUNT, SUM, etc...)?

When you have a Sheet with formulas and Save As Template and the Use that Template, the formulas are gone?

Craig

• Sophie Knudson
    Sophie Knudson ✭✭✭✭

I'm having the same issue, my formulas are not copying over when I select "Use Template".

Was there any conclusion on this?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Sophie Knudson

Strange!

I just tested it, and it works for me.

If you haven’t already, I would recommend that you reach out to the Smartsheet Support Team.

I hope that helps!

Have a fantastic day & Happy New Year!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!