Weekly Report

Hi

I have searched through comments but haven't been able to see anything that fits my need.

I have a job applicant register that I need to report to Senior Management on a weekly basis the stats e.g. how many applicants have been successful etc picture of some of the things I report on attached. I have been able to construct the stats report for the whole sheet that gives live updates of all the information to a Dashboard, but I can't figure out how to get it to automatically give me a week by week report for Management. I have had a look in reports but doesn't seem to be what I need. Can anyone help me? on how to set up a weekly report on this?

Answers

• JeremiahHorstick
    JeremiahHorstick ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Is your example for the entire data set you want in weekly increments?

What defines what falls within the weekly reporting period? I.e. date of application, last update to applicant

Once you determine what defines the data for the period you can probably get your desired result using mostly the countif or countifs functions.

You could cascade the count functions with a period variable to create a time series and select the current period using some logic and the today() function which would enable you to keep your dashboard in the current period or immediate last period and also maintain the time series for historical reference.

• Hi Jeremiah,

Yes it would be for the whole year as the data comes in each week gets reported on at the end of the week and it would be the date of application.

Hmmm will need to read up on the rest of what you said I don't know how to cascade the functions etc Thanks gives me something to start with.

• JeremiahHorstick
    JeremiahHorstick ✭✭✭✭✭✭

By cascade what I mean:

Create the function and reference another cell or two cells that define your period.

Drag the formula along the row or columns referencing all the periods.