Smartsheet Card view- group by within a kanban

Hi! I want to be able to group cards in kanban view for an ongoing meeting. I still want the statuses of To Do, Blocked, In Progress, and Complete but I want to add a group for categories in our department so we cover cards in each major area first. This is available in Teams Planner as a Group by feature. Does Smartsheet have this capability or will Smartsheet have this capability in the future?

Thanks for your help!

Best Answer

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Phyllis Wampler ,

I think you can get what you want using card view with filters. Arange your cards by status (To Do, Blocked, In Progress, and Complete) and then create a filter for each of your major areas. By applying the filters, cards in that area will remain visible and others won't. Am I understanding what you want to do correctly?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

Answers

• Mark Cronk
    Mark Cronk ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Phyllis Wampler ,

I think you can get what you want using card view with filters. Arange your cards by status (To Do, Blocked, In Progress, and Complete) and then create a filter for each of your major areas. By applying the filters, cards in that area will remain visible and others won't. Am I understanding what you want to do correctly?

Mark

I'm grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful". Thank you for contributing to the Community.

• I am working with filters. This sort of gives me what I want, but I think my wish would be to have more control over the filters and what we can do with filters. Filters feel limited because you either select all conditions or one of a condition. You can't do complex filtering. Thanks for your help!