File shortcut on dashboard

I was hoping to be able to create a file shortcut on a dashboard im creating to a onedrive file that is synced from a sharepoint account. However I dont seem to be able to select the synced folder, I can only select files that are based on onedrive. Is this correct? Obviously I'm able to add the file as a url shortcut but I like the little pdf logos showing. Makes it clear to the users that they're opening a document.

The reason I've created the sharepoint site is so I can update the files with new versions without breaking the shared link.

Tags:

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Jocelyn Wilson

You're correct, currently you can only select individual files in Onedrive (or Google Drive, Box, Dropbox, Evernote, or Egnyte) through the Shortcut Widget on a Dashboard; see this Help Center on Shortcut Widgets.

How about using an Image Widget instead, having the URL as an Advanced Option so that when users click on the picture they're taken to the link? This way you could keep a PDF image associated with it, or any image you want... like so:

Let me know if this would work for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Thanks for the suggestion Genevieve! Space is of the essence in this particular dashboard so might have to stick with the shortcut widget. Would be great if sharepoint could be added to the file options in the future. 😊