More than one range

Hi gurus!

I am having trouble with multiple SUMIFS. I have tried nesting them, but there must be an easier way.

I need to sum the cells in the GW and CGW columns when people manager=yes.

Can anyone help? I feel like the answer is right in front of me, but I can't seem to reach it.

TIA!

Comments

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Amber Jackson

Try something like this.

=SUMIF([People Manager]:[People Manager], "Yes", [GW Jan]:[GW Jan]) + SUMIF([People Manager]:[People Manager], "Yes", [Covid GW Jan]:[Covid GW Jan])

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Amber Jackson
    Amber Jackson ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Andrée Starå!

That formula is what I tried before and it gives an INVALID OPERATION error. Any other ideas?

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Amber Jackson

Strange!

I'd be happy to take a quick look.

Can you maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s)? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• TroyT
    TroyT ✭✭
    edited 01/19/21

Hey SS Team,

Trying to use multiple date ranges in a SUMIFS statement using ORs. For example, in each of the columns shown in the below image, I would like it to sum the range (column is "Cost", not shown) if any date in any of the 3 columns is in the range of January 1-January 31 of this year.

I am able to do this with a single column like the following =SUMIFS(Cost:Cost, [Estimated Delivery Date]:[Estimated Delivery Date], AND(@cell >= DATE(2021, 1, 1), @cell < DATE(2021, 1, 31))) - however i cant seem to get the sheet summary formula to work with ORs, the same formula above but including all 3 columns in the same duration of January.

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @TroyT

One solution would be to add a helper checkbox column to evaluate your three date columns by row, then use the checkbox column in your SUMIFs formula.

Using this approach, the formula in your checkbox helper column is

=IF(COUNTIFS([Estimated Delivery Date]@row:[Estimated Revision Date]@row, AND(IFERROR(YEAR(@cell) = 2021, 0), IFERROR(MONTH(@cell), 0) = 1)) > 0, 1)

The SUMIFs formula becomes

=SUMIFS(Cost:Cost, [helper checkbox]:[helper checkbox], 1)

Would this work for you?

Kelly

• TroyT
    TroyT ✭✭

@KDM

Thank you very much for the above, that does work! I really appreciate the suggestion.

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!