Using Smartsheet as a datasource in Sql Server Report Builder

Hi there.

To keep it simple, I'm looking to use Smartsheet as a datasource to build an SSRS report. Has anyone done this successfully? If so, are there any special needs such as a driver to pull it off? Any knowledge on this is appreciated.

SB

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 02/17/21

Hi @Lashawnta Barker 

Hope you are fine, please check Smartsheet Live Data Connector (also known as the Smartsheet ODBC Driver) provides industry-standard connectivity between Smartsheet and third-party analytics tools. It enables business users to interact with and visualize data stored in Smartsheet using business analytics and data visualization software such as Tableau, Spotfire, QlikView / Qlik Sense, Excel, and others.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Mark Verret
    Mark Verret ✭✭
    edited 10/29/21

I was able to successfully connect to our smartsheet instance utilizing the connector, however I am not able to return any data. I am able to do so in Tableau and PowerBI, but not Report Builder. Is there any guidance on this step? Thank you in advance.

• I guess I had to post to come up with the answer. I connected through Excel, read the list of sheets in, found the entry for my desired list. I then went into report builder and used a query in the Dataset. The query was - SELECT * FROM [list_name]

I was not able to get a list of sheets within report builder so it was using excel that allowed me to view the appropriate reference for the sheet. It was the visible sheet name underscore guid.