Introducing a new report builder plus grouping and summary for reports

Comments

• Lori Hight
    Lori Hight ✭✭✭✭

Thank you! they changed it to "has any of". This is exactly what I was looking for.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Lori Hight

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• Lachlan Stead
    Lachlan Stead ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Will it be possible to print the reports to PDF etc. with the summaries/ totals showing sometime in the near future. This is our biggest hang-up so far with the first few use cases we had.

• Hello,

We love the new features. Excited to see it when it also functions in both the Dashboards & Exports.

Right now we are having issues Grouping by Column Contact Fields.

In picture you can see that we have displayed Field Ops Contact Column

- but when you try to pick that option - it is not there. Only Field Ops is there - which is a different Column.

Do we know when this will be fixed? Or is there a work around?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Karina Reyes

The grouping feature in reports is currently only available for single-select contact columns; is your contact column set to allow multiple contacts?

• Nick Burrus
    Nick Burrus ✭✭✭✭✭✭

We're really liking this new grouping feature for reporting. It makes it so much further. Now reports are only missing two features we need.

Super happy with this improvement! It was a great improvement.

Dr. St Nicholas Burrus DHA, PMP

I build Smartsheets for the US Government, State Government, and about a dozen of the US Fortune 100s.

• @Karina Reyes I had the same issue. Agree with @Genevieve P . Important to note is that all columns in all of the sheets that you are reporting on needs to be Single Select Contact List. If just one is Multiple it also doesn't work properly. I have 31 sheets I pull data from, took me quite some time.

• Stephane
    Stephane ✭✭✭✭

Hello,

Super happy with the new reporting features.

Just wondering if you already have an idea when it will be available for using it in dashboards.

• It has been nice to have the grouping feature. I had several of these grouped reports and wanted to add them to a dashboard, but when I tried I saw the message that the group feature does not work yet when you embed them into a dashboard. :( For real?

An alternative was mentioned, to use the web content widget. But that requires using the embed code for each report and the embed code makes the reports accessible to everyone in my organization These reports were locked down to a limited group of users, so the web content alternative will not work for many people.

Is there an ETA on when support for groups will be included in reports added to a dashboard? This should have been ready when the group feature was released.

• Werner Wassermann
    Werner Wassermann ✭✭✭
    edited 02/18/21

Reports no longer show "unknown sheet" placeholders that the current user is not shared on 

If he/she edits the report builder on a Report that includes sheets he is not shared on it will remove those reports.

Please bring back the placeholders so that the sheets added to the reports don't get deleted.

We have multiple reports that run across several workspaces and these report keep on removing sheets when users want to add their workspaces.

We can get around this by sharing everyone as viewers but this clutters the Browse tab's Navigational panel as we have hundreds of workspaces.

• @Schalk Kruger / @Genevieve P - Thank you both for your reply. Yes the columns we were trying to group are multiple Select Contacts - so it will not work. Hope to see update in the near future that will allow group with Multiple Select Contacts!

• sean59916
    sean59916 ✭✭✭
    1. I really, really love the grouping and summing functions
    2. I really, really dislike the strategy to release enhancements without them being fully supported across your products, i.e. the inability for them to natively display in a dashboard. Why would you choose that approach?

• This was a much-appreciated update! I've been wanting the sort feature for so long and it will really help my stakeholders.

The summarize feature is also a powerful tool. We just build a team Education and Credentials report and now leaders can easily see how many people we have with certain credentials on staff when building proposals.

Great update!