I am trying to setup connectivity between Smartsheets and Jira

aclay
aclay ✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I recently purchased the Jira integration tool. We have Jira on prem. I believe that we have done everything they told us to do to setup the connection but I am getting an error that I am entering an invalid address into smartsheets. Has anyone had this and figured out the problem? Any idea what I can check? I have not getting feedback from the implementation guy yet. Thanks

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @aclay

I hope you're well and safe!

Can you describe your process in more detail and maybe share the sheet(s)/copies of the sheet(s) or some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic weekend!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• aclay
    aclay ✭✭

Here is the error I get.

I am told that the firewall and the Jira side of things are configured as required based on the documentation. The url that I was told to use is to a JIRA signon screen. Is that the correct URL or should it be one that points someplace else?

• aclay
    aclay ✭✭

I am trying to get my connectivity setup between Smartsheets and my Jira syste (on Prem). My technical resource have told me that they have followed the documentation (firewall opened and security cert installed...) but I still cannot get the connectivity setup. Right now the error I get is.

SSL Handshake failed on JIRA host. Please make sure your JIRA URL is correct. Also verify with your JIRA administrator that your JIRA Instance is using a valid SSL certificate (note that expired certificates will be considered invalid).

The URL is correct and the Cert is valid. Has anyone else setup connectivity to an on prem version of JIRA?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @aclay

The only time I personally have seen the error from your screen capture ("The URL for your JIRA host is unknown or is invalid. Please verify that the URL is correct and accessible.") is when the Reverse Proxy configuration is not correct (see: Option 2: Reverse Proxy in this article, Jira Connector Firewall FAQ).

That Help article has a number of links to Atlassian's troubleshooting documentation you may want your IT department to review. For example, here's some information on troubleshooting the SSL certificate (as in your most recent comment): SSL and application link troubleshooting guide.

If neither of these articles have helped, I would suggest that having your IT department work directly with Smartsheet Support may be the best way to proceed, as you'll be able to share information and screen captures through a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• aclay
    aclay ✭✭

Thank you, Apparently when the person installed the SSL Cert he forgot a step and it didn't keep its chain, or something like that. I have it working now.... Well except when I bring dates over to Smartsheets they come over as the day before.