Formula to track duplicate text/values across multiple columns

Hi there,

Apologies if this question has been asked multiple times but i have searched across the forums and cannot seem to find a definite answer to a problem i'm trying to find a solution for.

I have built a tracker to track web activities across our site encompassing language, page that the activity occurred on along with what is happening. An example of the data is below:-

Language Page Target Activity

US, GB, FR /us/en.html, /us/en/product1.html, /us/en/product2.html image update

US, GB, DE /us/en/product1.html, /us/en/product2.html overlay modal

US, GB, FR /us/en.html, /us/en/product1.html overlay modal

I'm trying to figure out how to build out a formula to identify where the same value occurs across columns therefore indicating a "clash" of activities which would require investigation.

For example, language, page target and activity are the column headings and the rows contains text separated out by commas so it would be great if there was a way for a formula to identify the individual values in a row.

In the table example above, there would be a clash in the US and GB languages on the product1.html page as there is the same activity occuring in the same language on the same page. Is there any type of formula that could help identify this clash either via conditional formatting or another way or am i wishfully thinking 😀?

Hopefully this makes sense and any help is greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Tags:

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!