Dashboard widget borders

Hi.

I'm full of questions today. I see in some of the examples on smartsheet website, the widgets have borders. How is this achieved? I'd love to do that for my dashboard.

THanks, SB

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @Lashawnta Barker

This specific template (here) is actually an Excel template shown as an example of how you might want to gather data; these aren't Smartsheet Widgets.

Please see the top of the article where it states the following:

"Scroll through the Excel dashboard examples listed below and choose a template to download for free. Read our tutorial on how to create a dashboard in Excel. Or, build your own dashboard in Smartsheet to get access to enhanced collaboration and customization features."

Smartsheet Dashboards do not currently have the ability to add a shadow or border in this way, but please let our Product Team know about your feedback through this form!

Thanks,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.

Hi @Lashawnta Barker

Can you provide a screen capture of one the examples from the website?

If you change the background of the dashboard to be Gray (from the gear icon in the top-right) it will show the white outline of the widgets, like so:

You can also add titles to widgets which will add a border at the top:

But there currently isn't a way to add a border around the full widget, as a square. You could upload an image that has a border and use an Image Widget, is that potentially what you saw?

If you can provide an example of what you'd like to imitate I'd be happy to explain how to get to that point.

Cheers!

Genevieve

• Here is one from the Smartsheet site. It's the retail analysis template. It looks like there is some ind of shadow border. Either way, it's nice and I'd like to be able to do it.

SB

• Genevieve P.
    Answer ✓

Hi @Lashawnta Barker

This specific template (here) is actually an Excel template shown as an example of how you might want to gather data; these aren't Smartsheet Widgets.

Please see the top of the article where it states the following:

"Scroll through the Excel dashboard examples listed below and choose a template to download for free. Read our tutorial on how to create a dashboard in Excel. Or, build your own dashboard in Smartsheet to get access to enhanced collaboration and customization features."

Smartsheet Dashboards do not currently have the ability to add a shadow or border in this way, but please let our Product Team know about your feedback through this form!

Thanks,

Genevieve