Gantt View Background Cell View

In a new sheet I'm creating the Gantt view background cell color (not the task bar) is dark blue making it very difficult to read anything. I can't see any option to change this. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Tags:

Answers

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @David Brandon Flynn

Have you changed your personal colors. How did you create the sheet? Are there any Conditional Formatting rules?

Can you maybe share some screenshots? (Delete/replace any confidential/sensitive information before sharing) That would make it easier to help. (share too, andree@workbold.com)

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• I was wondering if you could post any resolution to this here, I'm experiencing a similar issue with the Gantt View on some project plans, and I can't seem to clear the color in the background back to white. I'd love to see any fix. Thanks!

• I came here looking for a solution for the same issue - dark blue background on Gantt rows only.

Nothing was noted above so I kept trying different things... Finally stumbled on the 'clear formatting' button which is located just to the right of the 'wrap text' button. I selected all rows in the sheet, clicked the clear formatting button, and the dark blue Gannt backgrounds disappeared. I had to reformat my columns but that was quick compared to the time spent trying to fix the Gantt color.

FYI - I'm very familiar with managing conditional formatting and nothing there was causing the blue Gantt background. I've never run into this before in the hundreds of sheets I've used. Cool little issue and glad to utilize the clear formatting button for once.

Hope this helps someone down the road!

• I have the conditional formatting set up in my grid few but it makes the gantt look messy. How can i make the gantt view blank while leaving the grid view formatted