Ability to amend 'sent from' email address to personal email for "Email Shared Users"

Regular update notifications are being sent to the Shared Users of a very busy Smartsheet.

As such, our client has requested any emails that require immediate attention (not just standard updates) be sent from a personal email account, not Smartsheet.

Is there a way to export the Shared Users email information so it can be placed in a separate email from a sheet Admin?

Best Answer

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @TRowan63891

Currently there's no way to export a list of emails from a Shared sheet window, however if you are a System Admin for your organization you can download a Sheet Access Report. This will provide you with an excel document containing a list of all the sheets in your organization's plan, and a list of the emails shared to each sheet. From here you should be able to identify the one specific sheet and copy over the emails.

See this Help Article for how to generate this report: Admin Center: Bulk Actions and More with User Management.

Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @TRowan63891

Currently there's no way to export a list of emails from a Shared sheet window, however if you are a System Admin for your organization you can download a Sheet Access Report. This will provide you with an excel document containing a list of all the sheets in your organization's plan, and a list of the emails shared to each sheet. From here you should be able to identify the one specific sheet and copy over the emails.

See this Help Article for how to generate this report: Admin Center: Bulk Actions and More with User Management.

Let me know if this works for you!

Cheers,

Genevieve

• TRowan63891
    TRowan63891 ✭✭✭

Thanks so much for answering so quick Genevieve! I will reach out to our System Admin to see if he has time to assist me.

• Kelly Moore
    Kelly Moore ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @TRowan63891

A potential workaround, assuming you have a way to flag the important emails, is to leverage Outlook rules. I do this with a number of workflows that send important alerts to external recipients. A smartsheet email comes to a designated internal user, where an Outlook rule then forwards the message to our external suppliers (this user must set up rules individually). The advantages are the email comes from our organization's domain and we have an accessible record (in the sent mail) of the correspondence.

cheers,

Kelly

More info on setting Outlook rules here

• TRowan63891
    TRowan63891 ✭✭✭

KDM, thanks for responding, unfortunately that won't work as it is not an automated alert. The emails are one offs sent to all 115 shared users of a particular sheet.

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 03/11/21

Hi @TRowan63891

I hope you're well and safe!

As a possible workaround, you could maybe use the 3rd-party solution, Zapier.

Would that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.