Smartsheet Merge with Google Docs add-on

haznedarj
haznedarj ✭✭✭
edited 06/14/22 in Add Ons and Integrations

I have text wrapped turned off in my sheet. However, when I use the smartsheet google doc add on and get to the select row window the preview window shows rows with much large cell heights - it does wrap the text in the preview window. I would like the rows to be close together instead of large spaces. Is there a way to get this fixed or formatted.

Best Answer

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @haznedarj

Longer text will appear wrapped in the pop-up preview window so that you're able to see the full content. However once you run the Merge, the text will expand and run as long as the document is wide. It will be wrapped to the document, not to it's own little cell. Does that make sense?

Here's the Help Article for more information: Smartsheet Merge Add-on for Google Docs

Cheers,

Genevieve

• haznedarj
    haznedarj ✭✭✭

hi @Genevieve P thanks for the note. understood and the merge works just fine. as I am only using the first column in my sheet that has a short identifier to start the merge, I do not need to see the rest of the rows as I already know what I want. my goals was to have 10 rows of data closer to one another in order to check off multiple ones quickly vs. scrolling through and checking. it is also easier on the eye. is there any other workaround or a functionality that we can request?

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @haznedarj

Thank you for clarifying! As far as I'm aware, there's no current way to configure or customize the helper pop-up window. Please let our Product Team know about your feedback and use-case through this form here.

Thank you,

Genevieve