Auto populate data and allow customers to update

Hi! I work for a membership based trade association and I'm trying to build a form that would allow me to share profile information on file with our customers (member companies) and then allow them to update outdated information. For example, I would auto populate contact information, # of employees, etc. and they would indicate if the information was accurate (or not, by providing updates).

I could always send them a blank form requesting the information and match responses against our records, but that's a lot of extra (and seemingly needless) manual work. Plus I think our response rates will be higher if they only need to update what's inaccurate.

Make sense? Thanks for any help you all can provide!

Best Answer

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Hi @Joseph Burak

I hope you're well and safe!

Three options come to mind.

1. Dynamic View
    2. Automatic recurring Update Request asking them for new information.
    3. If they have a member number, we could structure a solution to request an update when needed.

Would any of those options work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

Answers

Help Article Resources

Want to practice working with formulas directly in Smartsheet?

Check out the Formula Handbook template!