Workflow incorporating "AND"

I have a smartsheet that consists of rows of information some 100 columns wide and am trying to set up a single workflow that says:

When you reach "this date"

Check these specific10 columns for each row and if any of them contain a number that is greater than 0 send an email to:

this person if column 1 is greater than 0,

AND

this person if column 2 is greater than 0,

AND

this person if column 3 is greater than 0

AND .......etc.

I'd appreciate any help, it seems as usual with new users, the swap from Excel to smartsheets is not proving as simple as I'd hoped?!!

Tags:

Answers

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

I would suggest setting up separate automations for each column you want to evaluate since it looks like the recipients could vary depending on which column is triggering it.

• Thanks Paul,

I suspect I may have to do exactly that.

Not the most elegant solution I have to say, as on the given date I may have workflow 1, 3, 4, 7, 8 and 9 out of the 10 triggering an email be sent. Then a week later I'd need to run another 10 workflows to trigger emails from any of these 6 columns that still haven't reached 0 and so on for as many weeks as as it takes

Essentially I'm trying to check every week that the required data has been entered (answer to equations in "checkcolumns" is now 0) and send emails to those responsible for any that still aren't.

Excel?🙄 or do I just need to get my head around a different set of limitations in smartsheets a bit more - we shall see.

Thanks again

• Paul Newcome
    Paul Newcome ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on your exact needs, you could set up the automation to run on a weekly basis and then set your conditions.

Once you set up one, you can duplicate it and then only have to adjust the condition portion and the recipient portion.