conditional formatting and card view

Jeniese Chaffin
edited 07/05/22 in Smartsheet Basics

Hello!

I have a a grid developed that contains conditional formatting. The conditional formatting (colors) works great in Grid View. However, when I open my smartsheet in card view the colors are not aligned with the conditional formatting on the grid view. I have confirmed that the conditional formatting is set to "entire row" but still the conditional formatting colors do not coordinate in different views. Am I doing something wrong or is this feature not available (which would then require me to manually change the colors on card view correct?). thank you for your help!

Jeniese

Answers

• Bassam Khalil
    Bassam Khalil ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jeniese Chaffin 

Hope you are fine, i think there is a problem with your sheet please check the following sample i have:

Please add a copy of your sheet or a screenshot (after removing or replacing any sensitive information). This will make it easier for me to provide the appropriate answer to your question.

PMP Certified

bassam.khalil2009@gmail.com

☑️ Are you satisfied with my answer to your question? Please help the Community by marking it as an ( Accepted Answer), and I will be grateful for your "Vote Up" or "Insightful"

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

Hi @Jeniese Chaffin

I hope you're well and safe!

You have to change this setting as well. (see below)

Did that work/help?

I hope that helps!

Be safe and have a fantastic week!

Best,

Andrée Starå | Workflow Consultant / CEO @ WORK BOLD

Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please help the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• thank you Both! Below is a snap of my conditional formatting rules and a snap of my tracker in card view. Yesterday I manually organized the colors to align with the formatting.

For a little background, this sheet started from a SmartSheet Template. I have recently made changes (removed some of the previous conditional formatting and changed a couple of colors) to the sheet in grid view. I also changed a few of the conditional formatting rules because our project needs required the sheet to be used differently vs how it originally was developed. Since some of the rows could have had different conditional formatting rules in the past, I wondered if that affected the view in card view? Thus I manually changed the colors...........

thank you for helping me to understand where I went wrong!

• Andrée Starå
    Andrée Starå ✭✭✭✭✭✭

@Jeniese Chaffin

Excellent!

You're more than welcome!

Remember! Did my post(s) help or answer your question or solve your problem? Please support the Community by marking it as the accepted answer/helpful. It will make it easier for others to find a solution or help to answer!

SMARTSHEET EXPERT CONSULTANT & PARTNER

W: www.workbold.com | E:andree@workbold.com | P: +46 (0) - 72 - 510 99 35

Feel free to contact me for help with Smartsheet, integrations, general workflow advice, or anything else.

• @Bassam.M Khalil and @Andree Stara

I am still having some confusion re: this topic..........

I just added a new ticket to the tracker in grid view. The new ticket coded to light green on the card view however there is no conditional formatting for a ticket without a "status" assigned.

So I tested it by placing the ticket in a "reviewed" status (which has cond formatting to change to orange) in the grid view. Would expect the color in the card view to change to the same color as that in the grid view (which is the cond formatting color)? If so, is that an immediate change or is there lag time after saving?

Last question, should I expect to see any colors in card view if there is no cond formatting set?

thank you, again, for clearing up my confusion.........!

This is a snip of the new ticket in card view:

this is a snip of the new ticket in grid view: