Understanding Smartsheet Jira error "Getting Http Error 429 - Too Many Requests from Jira"

Hi all,

I am using the Jira <> Smartsheet connector, and I am unable to understand this error I keep receiving:

"Getting Http Error 429 - Too Many Requests from Jira"

This is overwhelming my inbox without a way for me to understand what is going on or even if this is a critical problem or just something I should ignore.

Thank you for your help.

Leticia

Answers

• Genevieve P.
    Genevieve P. Employee Admin

Hi @Leticia Richard

It's hard to know exactly what's going on without seeing your workflows and set up, but this error indicates that you are being rate limited by Jira. The potential causes for this could be:

• If you have a Jira Connector Workflow for "All Projects" and the amount of data being searched is too large.
    • The JQL filter for Webhooks doesn't work correctly when "Comment" and "Worklog" related events are fired.
    • There are too many registered Webhooks for a single Jira project (causing lots of requests to Jira for small numbers of changes).

This is another issue that if you cannot find the cause through reviewing these points, I would suggest providing Smartsheet Support with detailed screen captures and a copy of your Work Execution File (see the bottom of this other Community post with instructions on gathering a WEx file) so they can troubleshoot this in a private channel.

Cheers,

Genevieve

• Thank you Genevieve, I will work with support then, this is beyond my technical capabilities.

Leticia